BYSA is still planning to have some sort of Fall soccer activities for children in Banks. This is assuming Washington County reaches Phase 2 in time for a season. With the COVID19 pandemic, the health and safety of our players, coaches, and families take priority in our club's decisions in returning to play.
Our plan at this time is to NOT play in the Hillsboro League for 3rd grade and older, as we have in past years, and also to not have mixed games for U6 or U8. Focus will be on Banks-only practices, self-scrimmages, clinics, and community-based soccer. This will help us better manage travel, exposure, safety, and precautions necessary to reduce risk. We feel we can still have some good soccer development, and important social and physical activity for children, while providing a positive experience for all involved.
Our basic "season" and practices would begin in September (after Labor Day) through end of October. Each team will be more self-contained, with flexible practices/scrimmages, 1-2x per week. While we understand the excitement of games and competition, the focus will be on keeping each team mostly isolated to reduce risk. The players can still gain lots of soccer skills, socialize with classmates in their grade, and play against friends in a safe and fun environment.
Per the OYSA recommendations, BYSA has created a Return to Play document, with precautions and processes: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1RhN35LX0f2IjTa0JRCzUg8Pp6V9FJdrWLX8q_n6ghO8/edit?usp=sharing
We encourage you to read through the above document for details. We know this is a LOT of info, with many things required to get back on the field in a safe way. But these protocols have been developed in consultation with our BYSA board and in coordination with Oregon Youth Soccer recommendations. These protocols do not have a set duration, but the club will adhere to the recommendations of public health officials and make adjustments when needed. These may change as COVID19 numbers and OHA and OSAA advice is updated.
We also recognize that each family has a different situation that may influence their desire to return to play. We want to make it clear that it is ultimately each family's decision for when they feel comfortable having their player return to the field. We encourage families to make the best decision for their unique situation. If you have any questions, please contact BYSA at firstname.lastname@example.org
In order to gauge interest in soccer, and begin making grade-specific teams, we need to gather info for each player. Please complete the form below if you are interested in fall soccer. Once we see numbers of players for each grade level, we will begin confirming coaches as well as look at practice schedules. We will still have online registration (with a much reduced $ cost) and form official teams and schedules later in August if we have enough interest.
PLEASE NOTE: all of our plans may change, as at this time we have no guarantee on field usage, insurance, or our county moving to Phase 2 in time for the season to begin. But we want to begin planning, in hopes of playing some soccer! Thank you in advance for your patience and support.
If interested in Fall Soccer, please complete our Google Form here: https://forms.gle/bTTFZgminvSc8V4j7